Greater Faith Assembly
Greater Faith Assembly (GFA) Outreach Ministries International was founded in 1988, under the vision of Raphael Williams, founder and presiding bishop. While the church is non-domination based, the structure is established from the Apostolic, Pentecostal doctrine.
The Membership had grown from seven (7) in 1988 to five hundred (500) and counting. During these years, Bishop Williams’ uncompromising and bold teaching of God’s Word has changed the lives of people both at GFA and around the World. To accommodate the tremendous growth of church membership, several building expansion plans have come to life under the direction of Pastor Williams, from his home in 1988, to the small storefront in 1989, to a 100-seat sanctuary in 1991, to a large office space in a trucking facility in 1995. In December of 1997, inspired by God, Bishop Williams used donated land to build a church from the ground up. Through much prayer, fasting, and true commitment, their Ribbon Cutting Service officiated Saturday, August 22, 1999, naming 1330 Crane their new Home of Worship – “The City of Praise”, a beautiful edifice seating approximately 700 and estimating over two (2) million dollars in value.
Greater Faith Assembly delights itself in reaching out to its community in efforts to rebuild, one block at a time. By doing so they are building homes, feeding and hosting annual dinners for those in need, including holidays as Thanksgiving and Christmas. GFA will continue to make a joyful noise, to be heard through-out the neighborhood, city, state, nation, and world, spreading the LOVE of Christ.